All About Alex

Meet Senior Corporate Trainer Alex Morris – fun, friendly, eccentric, and a huge asset to our team at Oryx Nashville. Get to know all about Alex in our exclusive one-on-one interview with her!
Where are you from?
I was born and raised in Johnson City, TN, about 4 hours from Nashville.
What were you like as a child?
I was was very independent, eager to learn, and super nerdy.
Do you have any siblings?
I have 1 younger brother named Heath. We are 3 years apart and have always been very close!
What were your hobbies growing up?
Playing softball, reading (I love Harry Potter!), and shopping
What were you involved in during high school?
I was involved in Key Club, theater, and student council.
What did you do after high school?
I attended King University in Bristol, TN as both an undergraduate and graduate! After graduating with an undergraduate degree in Elementary Education, I taught 1st grade for a year. I quickly realized it wasn’t my thing! I went back to King University for graduate school, where I earned an MBA in Project Management & Marketing. My heart was always in business and marketing, and I’ve always been great at planning!
How did you hear about Oryx Nashville?
I was applying to different marketing positions online when I came across Oryx Nashville on Indeed. I researched the company and found that it had a very fun, energetic culture that I could see myself being a part of!
What was your first impression of Oryx Nashville?
When I first walked into the lobby, I was greeted by the HR Manager, Jennifer. She was very friendly, and we instantly hit it off! I also connected the interviewer, Kevin, and we quickly built a great relationship.
Why did you choose to work here?
THE ENVIRONMENT! I also really liked that the advancement is based on performance; the harder you work, the quicker you move up.
What have you accomplished so far at Oryx Nashville?
I’ve developed a lot as a leader, from building a team to managing others.
What do you love about working here?
I love working together as a team, and I’ve made some life-long friendships here! I didn’t know anyone when I moved to Nashville for the position, but I have quickly become very close with the people I work with. It made the relocating way easier!
What are you looking to achieve in a carer at Oryx Nashville?
My long-term goals are to become a business owner and buy a house that has a huge backyard for the 3 german shepherds I plan to get!
On a more personal level, my goal is to use the success I achieve here as a way to give back to my parents. They always took care of my growing up, so I want to return the favor by taking care of them and giving them whatever they need!
What advice would you give to someone new in our company?
Work hard. At first, the position may seem overwhelming, but your hard work really does pay off at Oryx Nashville.
What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned here?
It is all about your mentality; you need to care of your headspace first and foremost because your attitude determines everything!
Who are your role models?
My role models are my mom because of how hard she works and my Dad because he owns a contracting business.
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I enjoy shopping, hiking, reading, swimming, and laying out in the sun.
How would your friends describe you?
My friends would most likely describe me as energetic, outgoing, and charismatic!
What are some little-known facts about you?
I LOVE football and I have an irrational fear of hairdryers. (Watch Stephen King’s Maximum Overdrive and you’ll understand why!)
What is one of your favorite quotes?
“The pain you feel today will be the strength you live by tomorrow.”
What is one of your favorite business books?
How Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Thank you for letting us get to know you more, Alex, and we can’t wait to see you reach the next milestone in your career! Be sure to keep up with Alex and the entire team at Oryx Nashville by following us on Instagram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Senior Corporate Trainer Ashley

Oryx Nashville's Travel Highlights of 2017